Finish Adding Dialogue/Hints to Scene: 3h45m
Mocap Work: 3h45m
Play Test Setup/Cleanup: 2h15m
Total Hours: 9h45m
The problems we had with adding in the dialogue last week turned out to be not too bad to fix, so Sydney and I were able to successfully add the rest of the recorded dialogue to the scene before we had our play test. I’ve included some of it here, including conversations you can just have with NPCs and hints that are given by them on a timed basis. There’s a couple more conversations/hints that I didn’t include in the video, so that it wasn’t unnecessarily long.
On Friday I helped record our mocap data for our character animations. I don’t know a lot about how to work with motion capture, but I was happy to help in any way I could! This meant that I was primarily moral support, until I got in the suit to record Madeline’s animations.
On Sunday we had a large play test with some other senior project teams. Erin and I had pep band obligations, so we were mostly there for the set up and clean up portions of the day. Based on the notes Sydney took, I’ll have some more bugs to fix in the upcoming week! Overall, it seemed to go well.
This week went pretty smoothly as far as most things are concerned. I do wish that there wasn’t a basketball game Sunday so I could’ve been there for the whole play test, but these things happen.
Bug Fixing as Needed
Update piano cylinder puzzle
Update gallery puzzle