Finish Voice Line Entry: 45m
Database Value Entry & Related Bug Fixes: 1h15m
Fix Snapgrabbable Gravity: 45m (timeless)
Total Hours: 2h45m
I didn’t have a lot to do this week, but I got all of my outstanding tasks done. Syd and I finished adding the final voice lines in, including the introduction and end game ones.
I fixed some relationship value issues we had with our database in order to prep for when we have all the completed tracks for our dynamic soundtrack. You can see in the bottom left-hand corner of this gif (it’s difficult I know) that the value increases as the player talks to the NPC.
I also finally fixed our code that snaps objects to specific places, so now those objects can also have gravity. Which means the player can now throw the DNA lamp, which is obviously the most important part of the game.
Positives: I……I think I’m done? I feel bad as a team lead waiting to be told to do stuff but I think at this point I just need people to throw stuff at me if they need help. Our bug video was cut down to things that non-game devs will hopefully understand and find funny. ALL VOICE LINES ARE IN! YAY! I am now ready to take on whatever other people need help with as long as I can handle it.
Negatives: I goofed and forgot to fix the bar model for Cris after I called my mom. I got it to her a bit late so that was completely my fault.
Looking Ahead: help where I caaaaaaaan, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
Positives: I got a ton done this week, even though I missed basically a week from being sick. The machine got fully painted, and went through some initial iterations, baked, and implemented in game. The piano got textured, baked, and put in game. Textures on the machine also got baked and implemented. Really just about everything in our scene item model log is textured now, save maybe a side table or two.
Negatives: As a running theme, being sick for nearly a week wasn’t great at all, especially since I still have my other class work to do. That being said, I’m mainly satisfied by feeling better, and a lot got done this week too. Some pipeline issues pushed back texturing the bar some, but other than that, it’s just jars and small things that need in game materials.
Looking Ahead: Texturing more areas and adding in some VFX